On Call Banquet Servers
San Antonio, TX
“Immediate Positions Available.”Apply for this job
San Antonio, TX
Why You Would Want To Work With Us.
- Aimbridge Hospitality offers a variety of career opportunities within our portfolio which consists of well-known brands with more than 80 hotels in 17 States.
- The company owns and manages franchised hotel brands including Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott, Doubletree, aloft, Cambria Suites, Sheraton, Hyatt and more.
- Come and explore a world of opportunities and join our dynamic team!
- Our Philosophy is to consistently deliver exceptional hotel service with the help of dedicated, caring employees thus outperforming the competition.
- We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Your role will be integral to the success of our company.
- We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance and community
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include Alcohol Awareness, Food handlers, Safety, etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
- Serve guests according to the hotel's standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints and accidents; Refer to management, if necessary.
- Be informed of all current hotel policies.
- Be familiar with fire exits, fire extinguisher locations and safety rules.
- Maintain the banquet store room in a neat and organized manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
- Clear banquet space after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and restocked properly.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and all of their fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the function of each department.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
- Perform other tasks/jobs as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
111 East Pecan Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Telephone (210) 354-2800
410 room hotel profile
Welcome to Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk
Distinguished Among San Antonio Riverwalk Hotels
Within walking distance of the San Antonio Convention Center and downtown, the Crowne Plaza® Hotel Riverwalk offers area visitors easy access to the best of San Antonio, Texas. Our Riverwalk hotel's central location and thoughtful accommodations impress the most discerning travelers.
An impressive 37,000 sq ft of meeting space makes our hotel's downtown San Antonio facility "The Place to Meet" for business guests. We are pleased to offer an array of services, including a dedicated Crowne Meetings Director and a Daily Meeting Debrief, to ensure that events run smoothly. Additionally, our proximity to AT&T, Bank of America, Toyota and USAA offers an easy commute for our San Antonio hotel's guests.
Just a short drive from Sea World, the San Antonio Zoo, Splashtown Water Park and the AT&T Center, and less than a mile from the Alamo, Hemisfair Park, Tower of the Americas and the Alamodome, our hotel's downtown San Antonio address ensures fabulous entertainment options for leisure guests. And, of course, the Riverwalk is just outside our door.
While in San Antonio, our Riverwalk hotel's guests can enjoy amenities that include Wi-Fi access and valet parking for a fee. Our facilities include a rooftop pool, Fitness and Business Centers, on-site dining and room service. Priority Club Members earn rewards for each stay.